- Karen Price – Advanced Clinical Practitioner
Hi, my name is Karen Price and I am your local Social Prescriber, based in the North Cotswolds. I work for The Community Wellbeing Service which is hosted by Gloucestershire Rural Communities Council. This is a free and confidential service for people over the age of 16.
What is Social Prescribing?
Social Prescribing is a service for patients to help and support with issues that are non-medical. People with social, emotional or practical needs are supported to find solutions which will improve their health and wellbeing, often using services provided by the voluntary and community sectors.
Advice on non-medical issues may include:
- General health and wellbeing
- Volunteering in the local area
- Accessible transport
- Age related advice and activities
- Support with healthy lifestyles
- Building networks
- Getting back in to work
- Support for long term health conditions
- Emotional wellbeing
- Activities within the area
- Social isolation
Karen is currently working from home but is on hand to provide support over the telephone to anyone who needs it.