Access to Optical and Dental Services

Access to Optical Services

Patients should contact their own optician or NHS 111.

Access to Dental Services

Patients who regularly attend a specific Dental Practice (for NHS or Private treatment) should contact the practice they normally attend. When that practice is closed an answer machine will provide details about how to contact an on-call dentist for urgent treatment.

Urgent Dental Care

Clinics are provided for urgent treatment of dental pain. Access is by appointment only by calling 111, arrangements will be made for the patient to be seen for urgent treatment only if a problem cannot wait until the next working day.